Mothers Day Quarantine Spa Day!
MOTHER’S DAY QUARANTINE SPA DAY!
It's the 2020 coronavirus stay in and Mother's Day is around the corner. During a time where social distancing is a norm and trips to the store are quick and thorough, I thought about ways I can make Mother’s Day day a special one. Many of us will still be sheltered in place this Sunday, and taking mom out for her special day is out of the picture. Then it occurred to me, mothers are the best at making things happen with what they have at hand! Why not bring the spa to her with what I have already. Taking a play out of the Mother's handbook, I decided to bring the best spa experience to her!
Given the extra steps, we must take for a quick run to the store I wanted to make it a simple experience that can be made with household items most of us already have. An in-home spa experience full of DIY collagen face masks and….DRINKS!
BLOOMING COFFEE MASK
- ½ cup pre-ground coffee beans (or grind your own)
- ½ cup of Just Bloom Just collagen-unflavored collagen
- 1 cup of unsweetened whole milk or almond milk
- 1 tbsp of olive or almond oil
- 1 tbsp of honey
- MIX & RELAX after applying and leave on face for 10-15 min
I see no better way to kickstart the BLOOM SPA (the name of my new chain of spas if this is a success) than with a caffeine-infused face mask. After a long night stressing about how to pull off this spa at home, a jolt of caffeine is welcomed especially when it’s exfoliating and hydrating your skin. It’ll liven up our morning skin and let mom start the day on a brighter tone. Especially when paired with a peach mimosa! Dust off that champagne bottle that’s been hiding in the pantry and mix it with a just bloom peach sangria collagen sip and a bit of orange juice.
- teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1-1/2 tablespoons coconut oil (plain yogurt or olive oil)
- 1 teaspoon Just Bloom Collagen-unflavored
- Apply for 10 to 15 minutes, then rinse & follow with your usual face wash routine.
*Trick: Double or triple the amount and store it in a container to use daily for up to a week.*
If caffeine isn’t mom’s thing, no worries! This turmeric mask is great for those who want to get rid of discoloration or scarring. The turmeric works wonders and is super simple to make! It’s perfect for soothing redness and replenishes moisture. It also helps that the orangey ginger smell of the Tumeric pairs perfectly with a margarita. But, not just a plain margarita! I’m talking about a SPICY collagen-infused margarita.
GREENER AFTER THE BLOOM
- ½ ripe/soft avocado ½ ripe banana
- 1 tbsp of plain organic yogurt
- ½ cup of Just Bloom Just collagen-unflavored
- 1 tbsp of honey (2 tbsp for extra hydration)
- MASH, MIX & RELAX apply & leave on face for 10-15 minutes
This mask is perfect for dry skin. The fatty oils from the avocado and vitamins from the banana along with the soothing and replenishing properties from the honey leave mom’s skin feeling deeply moisturized throughout the day. While the face mask refreshes the outside, have mom sip on a refreshing cocktail, such as a cucumber watermelon mint mojito. Now you'll both will be fresh inside and out!
BLOOMING OVERNIGHT OATS
- 1 cup of warm almond milk
- 1 tbsp coconut oil - stir until melted.
- 4 tbsp of oatmeal.
- ½ cup of unflavored Just Bloom Just Collagen peptides
- MIX all together until pasty
- Let sit in the fridge for 2-3 hours
- RELAX after applying and leave on for 10-15 minutes
This face mask cools and soothes destresses after a long day - making those fine lines fade away! Although not exactly overnight oats, this mask will have mom feeling relaxed and destressed overnight.
Overall despite most of us sheltering at home, mom deserves the best. Making things happen with what we have is a great way to get creative and show mom how much you appreciate her. So to all the mothers we wish you a happy Mother's Day and may you always continue to BLOOM!